Guide to becoming a Permanent Resident (PR) in Singapore
Guide to becoming a Permanent Resident (PR) in Singapore – For many who work in Singapore for the past many years or are from neighboring countries and see the value in becoming a permanent resident in Singapore due to the many benefits of holding onto a PR in Singapore.
Some of the benefits, not limited to just the list below are what makes it worthwhile getting a PR status in Singapore:
- You get to enter and leave Singapore without having to apply for work or travel visas. The PRs get an identification card that is blue that acts as a document for identity.
- Your unmarried children below 21 and spouse can also be included in your PR application. School going children also get higher priority than foreigners but behind citizens when you enroll them into public schools in Singapore.
- You are able to change jobs easily without worrying about losing your pass and being forced to leave the country.
- After a couple of years, be eligible to apply for Singapore Citizenship.
Since this article is a Guide to becoming a Permanent Resident (PR) in Singapore, let us start on how one can become a PR in Singapore.
There are many 3 methods or schemes that allow you to get a PR
- Professional/Technical Personnel & Skilled Worker scheme, this allows persons holding Employment Passes (EP), S-Pass to apply for PR in Singapore. Though this scheme may need you to work in Singapore under those working passes for a minimum number of years before you will be considered for a PR status.
- Global Investor Programme (GIP) is for persons who have a strong entrepreneurial background and funds to invest in a Singapore government approved fund.
- Foreign Artistic Talent Scheme (ForArts) is for recognized artistic celebrities that will grow our local culture.
Guide to becoming a Permanent Resident (PR) in Singapore as a work pass holder in Singapore
Part Five: How much does it cost
There will be a non-refundable $100 cost for every application.